“Those who flourish in their lives with God have a Spirit-initiated rule of life, a rhythm of practices that enables them to welcome and respond to Jesus.”
(Ken Shigematsu, God in My Everything, 2013)
What is a Rule of Life, or some say Rhythm for Life? What is its purpose?
- To live with intention and purpose in the present moment.
- Guidelines that support the things you need and want to do. It affects your thought process, your routine, the necessary goals to meet, how you interact within your community, finances, relationships, etc.
- It is not fixed or permanent rules. Allow flexibility to adapt to what you do, who are you are, and how you live in an abundant life-presently.
- Led by a God-powered life, not a self-centered, follow our own rules kind of life.
- It allows us to clarify our deepest values, relationships, hopes, and dreams, and the most meaningful work in our life.
- You are living a life of joy.
“Your personal rule of life is a holistic description of the Spirit-empowered rhythms and relationships that create, redeem, sustain, and transform the life God invites you to humbly fulfill for Christ’s glory.”
(Steve Macchia, Crafting a Rule of Life, 2012)
We have created a resource with some guidelines (one example of creating a Rule of Life) to help you on the journey, highlighting the pathways to living an abundant life.